4 Market Square · Knoxville, TN 37902
firstname.lastname@example.org· (540) 718-3303 · @kellyecoleman
— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —
Elon University, Elon, NC | Graduation Date: Jan. 2012 | Major: Print/Online Journalism
– Digital Communications Specialist | August 2012 – Present | Pyxl, Inc., Knoxville, T.N.
Assist clients as they establish and facilitate the growth of brand‐based online communities across social networks and drive traffic to online properties; Complete weekly reports and research trends in client industries; Write and edit press releases, blog posts, white papers and web copy for new sites
– Freelance, Virtual Apprentice | August 2011 – June 2012 | Socialexis, Washington, D.C.
Managed various social media accounts; Brainstormed and implemented various social media strategies and campaigns; Edited blog content; Tracked online engagement
– Writer and Editor | May 2011 – Jan 2012 | Office of University Communications; Elon University
Reported campus news posted to website; Completed research for various articles; Wrote and edited pieces for university online and print publications, including the Magazine of Elon.
– Social Media and Outreach Intern | September 2010 – December 2010 | Peace One Day (non‐profit organization), London, United Kingdom
Created social media strategy in line with the organization’s vision; Wrote and edited newsletters; Updated publications
Served as session panelist & photo/video editor at Global Internet Governance Forum in Nairobi, Kenya; presented findings at 2012 National Conference for Undergraduate Research
MEDIA KNOWLEDGE: Adobe InDesign & Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, Microsoft Office, WordPress, Social Media
ADDITIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
– Elon Admissions Intern | January 2012 – May 2012 | Elon University, Elon, N.C.
Conducted information sessions for hundreds of prospective university students and families; Successfully planned and implemented two two-day Spring Orientation sessions for 420 families; Served on social media team for Elon Facebook, Twitter and blog.
– Elon University Tour Guide | May 2010 – Jan 2012 | Elon University Admissions Office, Elon, North Carolina
Answered and directed telephone calls; Interacted with prospective students and parents; Lead campus tours
– Isabella Cannon Leadership Fellows, First Year Student Coordinator | Dec. 2008 – Dec. 2009 | Elon University, Center for Leadership, Elon, North Carolina
Planned and implemented Fellows Finalist Weekend, an event welcoming 200+ students to campus to compete for leadership program; Assisted in the selection of student fellows; Prepared programs for incoming fellows, including community‐building projects and retreats; Served as Elon 101 TA
- The Fellows Initiative, Knoxville Fellow
- Emerald Youth Foundation, Weekly Volunteer
- Isabella Cannon Leadership Fellow, Advisory Board
- Elon Senior Class Giving Committee, Secretary in charge of committee communications
- Omicron Delta Kappa, Leadership Honors Society
- Lambda Pi Eta, Communications Honors Society
- Intervarsity Christian Fellowship, Discipleship coordinator and Bible study leader